Listen, I know you’re busy!
I get it!
I am too!!!
But will you take me up on a little 15 minute self-care challenge this week?
Everyday this week can you try to do something self-care related for just 15 minutes?
Here are a list of ideas to help you get started:
- Take a 15 minute power nap
- Get off your phone and spend 15 minutes reading before bed
- Go to bed 15 minutes earlier (going to bed earlier is better than sleeping in for restorative sleep)
- Try a 15 minute meditation exercise before you fall asleep
- Spend 15 minutes journaling to download your head before bedtime
- Do a 15 minute luxurious skincare routine before bed
- Massage your hands, arms, legs and feet for 15 minutes before bedtime
- Listen to 15 minutes of relaxing music before bedtime while noticing your breath
- Take 15 minutes to set yourself up for a more pleasant, less stressful morning
NUTRITION AND HYDRATION:
- Start your morning with a large glass of water within the first 15 minutes of waking up
- Allow yourself 15 minutes of uninterrupted time to mindfully enjoy your meal
- Take 15 minutes to take an inventory of your pantry, fridge and freezer so you can get a rough idea of what you want to use up for meals this week
- Set aside 15 minutes to meal plan 3 dinners this week
- Use 15 minutes to clean, chop and package up veggies for grab and go snacks
- Use 15 minutes of your morning ritual of coffee, tea or breakfast to clear your mind and set an intention for the day
- Use 15 minutes to find and purge expired or spoiled fridge or pantry items
- Set aside 15 minutes of your morning routine to get all of your dishes out of the sink and wipe down your counters so you’re ready with a clean kitchen for your next meal prep
- Organize for 15 minutes; organize all items under your kitchen sink for easy access, organize your junk drawer, your spice cabinet, your food storage containers and lids (gulp), your pots and pans area, your pantry or your fruit and vegetable crisper drawers for example
- Make a quick list in 15 minutes of supplies you’re running low on to help you maintain a healthy, clean, streamlined kitchen area for cooking delicious food!
- If you have a water filtration system, take 15 minutes and double check if it needs cleaning or new filters, etc.
EXERCISE / MOVEMENT:
- Take a 15 minute walk around the block or your office building
- Try a 15 minute quick yoga routine for free at home with Sara Beth Yoga on youtube! I recommend this one here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYY8KovKO3M
- Try 15 minutes of stretches and exercises like jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, squats and planks.
- Do you have any exercise equipment in your home? Treadmill, elliptical, bike or weights? If it’s been a while since you’ve used it, make a promise to dust them off this week for just a 15 minute commitment to help jump start your health and wellness goals!
SOCIALIZATION / RECREATION / LEISURE
- Take 15 minutes and coordinate a time to connect with a friend
- Spend 15 minutes enjoying a hobby you love doing (reading, knitting, art, music, photography)
- Take 15 minutes and follow up on a volunteer opportunity
- Blast your favorite music and have a 15 minute dance party
- Allow yourself to be fully present, without interruption to a conversation with someone you care about for 15 minutes or more
- Use 15 minutes to review your calendar and buy tickets to a movie or event you’d like to go to
- If you’re a parent of a young child, allow them to guide you in whatever play or game they choose for 15 minutes or more
- Write and send someone a card or letter. (when was the last time you sent or received a real letter or card in the mail?)
- Give yourself permission to do nothing for 15 minutes!
So what do you say? Are you up for the challenge? Just 15 minutes a day for better self-care this week!