A dynamic and experienced public speaker, she has offered numerous local, national and international presentations as a keynote speaker, general session or guest lecturer. She is also a member of the American Cancer Society Speaker’s Bureau. Megan engages audiences with real life examples, heartfelt authenticity and transparency.
“I had the pleasure of hearing Megan speak at the Bryant Women’s Summit, 2018. Her engaging style, humor and strong content kept the attention and interest of the audience. We departed energized with an action plan for achievement.”
Click here to listen to Megan’s presentation on her “Recipe for Success.”
Topics of presentations:
- Keys to Reaching Your Full Potential: Willingness, Preparation and Courage. Many women shy away from reaching their full potential because they are unwilling to be uncomfortable, uncertain, or in a place of unknown possibilities. Are you willing to experience discomfort and uncertainty and show up – even when the outcome is not clear? Learn to recognize the significance of your voice, skills, and gifts. Implement key factors that can help you step out of your comfort zone and into the arena.
The Restoration Toolbox; self-care and mindfulness essentials for soulful living. This talk highlights essential restoration tools for a life that feels out of balance. Combining self-care strategies with a concrete application of mindfulness practices, listeners will leave with clinical trade tips and inspiration for the soul.
Slow down, wake up and LIVE; a retreat based blueprint for awakening your soul! Based on Megan’s international retreats in Costa Rica, she will share her formula for replenishment, renewal and relaxation. Listeners will take a deep dive into mindful awareness to awaken the soul.
Creativity and Healing – why we need it more than ever! How painting, collage and creating original mandalas enhances our personal insight, discovery and growth potential. An experiential mandala with demo interpretation could be part of this talk.
Brave Living – do everything before you’re ready! How taking enormous leaps of faith changed my life. This is the story of intuitive living and weaves the true tales of how I moved to Europe with no plan, a suitcase and a viola, how I leapt into hosting international retreats that sold out even in the middle of an economic downturn, how my husband and I opened a bakery and cafe on a wing and a prayer and how showing up brave and saying yes to things before you feel ready is the boldest, most fulfilling way to live!Megan also presents on these topics:
- Self-care and wellness for living your best life.
- Restoration and renewal – great for healthcare retention, caregiver fatigue and combating burnout.
- Finding Joy through mindfulness practices.
- Creativity – why does it matter?
- Mindful living.
- We can cope – strategies for resiliency and hope.
- Holistic Healing – learning new strategies to support body, mind and spirit.
- Awaken your spirit.
- Accessing your highest potential / Living your BEST life!
Click HERE to watch a YouTube video of Megan Presenting a Webinar on “You Deserve to Thrive”
Highlights of recent keynote, general session, radio and video presentations:
- CLICK HERE to watch a YouTube video of Megan presenting
- Radio Interview on 1540 WADK The Open Forum, Rhode Island with Gail Alofsin CLICK HERE to listen to the podcast link. Megan Gunnell begins at 26:30
- Radio Interview on 910 AM Empower Radio Detroit, with Angela Moore
- Bryant University Women’s Summit, Smithfield, Rhode Island.
- Burnout to Brilliance Physician Wellness Symposium Sponsored by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Miraval Resort and Spa, Tucson, AZ. (upcoming – April, 2018)
- Hospice and Palliative Care Association of Arkansas Keynote Speaker, Little Rock, AK.
- Lakeshore Optimist Club of Grosse Pointe, MI.
- Warriors in Yoga Pants Holiday Luncheon Speaker, Clarkston, MI.
- European Congress in Music Therapy, Jyvaskyla, Finland.
- American Music Therapy Association, National Conference, Louisville, KY.
- Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners Annual Conference, Troy, MI.
- Great Lakes Regional Music Therapy Conference, both in Michigan and in Illinois
- CAPE (Center to Advance Palliative Care Excellence) Wayne Annual Conference, Dearborn, MI.
- Beaumont Nursing Conference, Sterling Heights, MI.
- Keynote for Madonna University Nursing Society Annual Meeting, Dearborn, MI.
- Keynote for Sandcastles Grief Support Volunteer Breakfast, Detroit, MI.
- CBS Affiliate Internet Radio Interview – hosted by Elaine Grohman
- National Association for Orthopaedic Nurses, Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Michigan Hospice Nursing Association, Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Great Lakes Regional Music Therapy Conference, St. Charles, Illinois
- MORC (Macomb Oakland Regional Center), Auburn Hills, MI.
- Michigan Music Therapy Association State Conference, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Lutheran Hospice of Hope – Frankenmuth, Michigan
- Michigan Hospice Social Work Association, Higgins Lake, Michigan
- Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Intravenous Nurses Society – Great Lakes Chapter, Royal Oak, Michigan
- Michigan Association of Hospital Auxiliaries, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Gilda’s Club- Metro Detroit
- Great Hall Lecture Series – fort Street Presbyterian Church, Detroit, Michigan
- Health, Healing and Wholeness Council, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Friends of Vision Support Group, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- St. Michael Catholic Church, Sterling Heights, Michigan
- St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, Saint Claire Shores, Michigan
- Grosse Pointe Methodist Church, Michigan
- Crestmont HealthCare Center, Fenton, Michigan
- Women’s Committee for Hospice Care, Orchard Lake Country Club, Michigan
- Beaumont Hospice Program, Royal Oak, Michigan
- The Family Center lecture series speaker, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Beaumont Hospital – Women’s Health Conference, Sterling Heights, Michigan
Highlights of University Guest Lectures:
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Residential College – Graduate Course
- School of Music – Undergraduate Course
- School of Public Health, Health Sciences Scholars – Graduate Course
- School of Social Work – Graduate Course, School of Social Work
- Wayne State University
- Graduate Course, Interdisciplinary End of Life Care
- Graduate Course, Medical School
- Graduate Course, College of Education – Art Therapy/Counseling Program
- Oakland University
- Experiential on Drumming and Music Therapy to CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) Certificate Program Recipients
Bryant University Women’s Summit, March 2018
Megan presented on The Keys to Reaching your Full Potential: Willingness, Preparation and Courage.